Who They Are:
#11 Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy Cougars (Rockville, MD)
#13 TABC Storm (Teaneck, NJ)
How They Got Here:
Berman: Lost to Frisch 52-34, Beat MTA 58-53, Beat Katz 72-54
TABC: Beat Harkham 68-49, Beat Beren 71-24, Beat HANC 60-46
Perhaps inspired by fellow Maryland school UMBC’s historic win over Virginia, the Berman Cougars are looking to make their own tournament history with a Tier II championship against the red-hot TABC Storm. Flying under a radar a little bit, TABC hasn’t lost a game yet this tournament, and each of their wins have been by at least 14 points. Led by star Jonathan Haberman, the Storm make a lot of threes and spread the ball-around in an offense where a lot of different people can hurt you.
Berman rides the play of 6’3” Center Josh Levieddin, who feasts offensively down-low.
Players To Watch:
Ari Schopf has had a nice tournament so far for the Cougars, and he has established himself as a scary three-point threat that teams have to keep an eye on at all times. His shooting from beyond the arc could be the difference in this game.
Eli Harcsztark, the second-leading scorer for the Storm, has demonstrated the ability to score in bunches and go on personal mini-runs to give his team momentum. If the Cougars focus on stopping Haberman, Harcsztark will have to step up his offensive game and knock down open looks.
- Defense Wins Championships: Shalhevet Takes Home Tier I Trophy
- TIER I CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW
- TIER II CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW
- Kohelet Wins Tier IV Championship
- TIER III CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW
- Berman Bigs Beat Katz, Advance To Tier II Championship
- Storm Warning: TABC Can't Be Stopped
- Shalhevet Charges Its Way Into 3rd Straight Tier I Championship