It was Eitan Pfeiffer’s three pointer for MTA, with a minute and a half left in quadruple overtime, that finally sealed the deal and gave the Lions the W and the Tier III Championship berth.
While the game had been fluctuating in the first three quarters, with Ida Crown leading 22-16 into halftime and MTA gaining a 35-29 lead at the end of the third quarter, it really came down to a tie-making three pointer by MTA’s Eitan Warburg that brought the game into its first overtime.
Over the course of each overtime, the two teams kept pushing each other further and further, never keeping more than a one-point difference (if at all) between each other. The overtimes were also peppered with free throws from both teams, which kept the point difference close.
Try as the Aces might - and boy did they try, Ryan Bokor and Jordan Benditzson scored 19 and 17 points for Ida Crown, respectively - they just couldn’t stop Pfeiffer’s 18 points in overtime, and 24 points in the overall game, that brought the Lions to a final victory score of 83 to 79, leaving MTA to face Beren Academy in the Tier III Championship game tomorrow.
You can catch the Tier III Championship, as well as all other games, right here at MacsLive.com, the official broadcast network of Yeshiva University athletics and exclusive home of the Red Sarachek Basketball Tournament.
- Defense Wins Championships: Shalhevet Takes Home Tier I Trophy
- TIER I CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW
- TIER II CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW
- Kohelet Wins Tier IV Championship
- TIER III CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW
- Berman Bigs Beat Katz, Advance To Tier II Championship
- Storm Warning: TABC Can't Be Stopped
- Shalhevet Charges Its Way Into 3rd Straight Tier I Championship