From start to finish, this game was hardly in doubt, as Cooper put a halt to the surging M-Cats in striking fashion with their 71-38 victory over Maimonides on Sunday evening.
The first quarter seemed like an anomaly after how well Maimo has played in this tournament, when Cooper put up 14, compared to Maimonides 6. However, as the game progressed it was clear; Cooper was on a mission to get to Championship Monday.
Cooper is the only team so far in this year’s tournament to get to 70 points in a single game, but Cooper did it amidst their 17-point quarter, which was actually their 2nd lowest coring quarter on the evening. What was even more shocking however, was that they did this without much of a contribution from star player Jeffrey Owen, who only scored 6 in the contest.
Cooper was led by Ethan Morris, Caleb Milobsky, and Simcha Osdoba, who contributed 16, 12, and 12 points respectively for the Maccabees. On Maimo’s side of the ball, it was Junior forward Josh Weiss who picked up the slack for the rest of his team, by scoring 20. No one else for Maimonides was in double figures on the evening.
With the win, the Cooper Maccabees will square-off against the Ida Crown Aces for the Tier-II crown at 12:00 P.M in the Max Stern Athletic Center. Maimonides will face the Fuchs Mizrachi Mayhem in the 11th place game. Be sure to follow all of the Championship Monday action on MacsLive the official home of Yeshiva Sports, and exclusive broadcaster of the Red Sarachek tournament.
- Frisch Hoists The Tier I Trophy In A Nail Biter Victory
- #16 What? Ida Crown Wins Tier II
- Kohelet Crowned Tier IV Champs
- Panthers Roar Past Kushner, Win Tier III
- Harkham Wins, But Both Teams Celebrate After Historic Night In Sarachek
- The 16 Seeded Cinderella Story Continues
- All Cooper All Day, As The Macs Head To The Tier-II Championship.
- A Renewed Battle Between Frisch And Shalhevet For Tier-I Glory